65m Award Winning Refit Project
Grama Blend UK was appointed in 2013 as the sole and exclusive stone supplier for the project, supplying and installing the impressive elegant lightweight marble work specially designed to complement this fabulously restored yacht. Grama Blend UK worked vigilantly with two of the interior fit out companies to help restore Shemara back to its former glory.
Grama Blends responsibilities as part of the restoration project included:
- Sourcing of the raw stone slabs from specialist European quarries for approval
- Working with the stone at factory level to produce lightweight format
- Digitisation on board of all sections and quantities
- Preparation of production drawings for all stone pieces
- Fabrication of lightweight marble stone elements cut ready to fit which require little or no adjustment on board
- Installation of the finished stone for all areas including Guest Cabins, VIP Cabin, Owners Suite, Saloon, Children’s Cabin and Day Head.
Shemara has had a long and storied history. Built-in 1938 by Thornycroft in Southampton, the yacht was converted for military use in 1939 as a training vessel for anti-submarine warfare. After the war, it was used by its commissioner and owner, Lord and Lady Docker, for lavish parties and sumptuous events.
Vanity top, toilet floor, shower walls and shower floors, all clad in unusual beautiful Belgian marble.